Just as plants synthesize the light emitted from the sun, our skin and body cells have the capacity to absorb light and convert it to energy. While UV light is not damaging to plant life, it can be quite detrimental, in large amounts, to humans. In fact, excessive, unprotected UV exposure is the number ONE factor that contributes to visible skin aging and skin cancers.
LED light therapy is a UV-free way of delivering light energy through human skin in a similar way that plants use the sun’s light energy. LED technology was first researched by NASA to help promote wound healing and human tissue growth during long-term space travel. LED is a highly effective and safe alternative to damaging sun exposure, helping to energize and stimulate the body’s natural process to build new proteins and regenerate cells.
6 Great Benefits of LED Light Therapy:
- LED uses different wavelengths, or colors, of light, which are attracted to specific colorful targets within the skin cells. Depending on the wavelengths used, LED helps increase collagen and elastin production, reduces inflammation, speeds healing, increases circulation and destroys acne bacteria.
- With absolutely no downtime afterward, LED is painless and soothing, and safe for all skin types and skin tones.
- Anti-Aging Benefits: When performed in a series of twice-a-week treatments for 4 weeks to start (then once-per month maintenance), LED therapy is the most effective and affordable technology for achieving healthy and youthful skin. LED for anti-aging improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, helps to firm and tone, increase elasticity and reduce pore size, while smoothing texture and leaving your skin with a radiant glow. I recommend combining any anti-aging series with an LED add-on for incredible results.
- Acne Benefits: LED offers a powerful and effective, yet, natural solution to help achieve clear and healthy skin, for all skin types and skin tones. You’ll find it easier to conquer existing blemishes while reducing inflammation and minimizing future break outs. I suggest LED add-on for anyone undergoing acne treatments to boost results.
- Pain Benefits: LED naturally reduces pain and inflammation while stimulating the body’s healing process. You’ll feel warm, soothing light energy that is proven to temporarily relieve arthritic pain, muscle and join pain, and stiffness. LED for pain helps increase circulation, accelerate healing, and diminish bruising.
- No time for an office treatment? You can bring the benefits of LED home with you by purchasing a LightStim LED, available only through licensed skin professionals, and at Face Perfection. This nifty little hand-held device is affordable and super easy to use, whenever you have a few minutes during the day (my favorite time is when I’m chillaxin’ in front of the TV in the evening). LightStim offers a lifetime warranty on any device you purchase.
More questions about LED? Schedule a consultation or add-on treatment today to find out how LED therapy can help you achieve healthy, radiant skin perfection.